Easy Picnic Recipes That Everybody Will Love
Tomato Cucumber Salad with Olives and Feta
This recipe is as simple as three steps:
1. Mix up the dressing.
2. Chop up the veggies.
3. Combine all of the ingredients and chill.
It really is that easy. You can assemble the dressing by whisking it in a bowl, shaking it in a jar, or whizzing it together in a blender or mini food processor. And if you feel so inclined to add extra fresh dill, just know that you’re in good company over here.
As for the veggies, I prefer peeling my cucumbers, since I find the skin to be slightly bitter. But feel free to leave the skin on if that’s your preference. Also, I like using small tomatoes in this recipe — such as cherry or grape tomatoes — since they’re less “seedy.” But again, any ol’ tomatoes will do!
Caprese Sandwich with Parsley Pesto
• 1 personal loaf French bread gluten free if you're gluten free
• 1 medium tomato sliced
• 3 slices fresh ball mozzarella cheese halved
• 3 tablespoons Parsley Pesto
1. Slice loaf in half. Add mozzarella cheese slices and tomato slices along the bottom of the sandwich.
2. Spread the parsley pesto on the top of the sandwich.
3.Press the sandwich closed. Toast in a panini machine on medium for about 5 minutes, until crispy and cheese is melted.